Find an industry expert in our Consultants Registry. You can search by Profession, Category or Expert Witness. You can also search by Name or Keywords using the search field below. Alternatively, the full list of members is alphabetically listed below.
The “Add to Address Book” link above each individual will allow you to download the contact details for that member.
Mr Rodney Elvish Expert WitnessMetallurgistB E EnterprisesMetallurgist
Rod is a Consultant Metallurgist and Company Director who has extensive operating and consulting experience in metallurgy and mineral processing. He is Chair of the Mineral Processing Commission of the International Mineral Processing Council (IMPC).
He undertakes a wide variety of technical and commercial assignments, often combining his broad production, management, director, evaluation and development experience to achieve project specific solutions. He takes a holistic approach, matching the metallurgy to site, geological, mining and corporate factors. A similar approach is taken to evaluating new technologies.
Areas of specialisation include:
- project management
- complex polymetallic metallurgy including differential flotation
- gold, other precious and base metals recovery
- iron ore beneficiation
- new process evaluation
- gravity separation
- liquid/solid separation
Rod consults to operations staff, company boards, financiers and lawyers. He manages feasibility studies, undertakes valuations, independent reports and advises on mergers and acquisitions.
Assignments undertaken include:
- metallurgical evaluation of exploration projects
- managing feasibility studies
- Assessor, Supreme Court of Queensland
- on site plant trouble-shooting and optimisation
- evaluation of new processes and technologies
- independent technical reports and expert witness assignments
- financiers’ completion tests and technical audits
- testwork design, supervision and interpretation of results
- flowsheet development, costing and equipment selection
Major project works include the development of major iron ore and manganese projects in West Africa, advanced tungsten processing, project management of the Browns polymetallic project (NT), the assessment and development of resin based gold and cyanide recovery technologies and new processes for recovering gold from refractory gold ores. As Director and later Chairman of Allstate Explorations NL he was extensively involved in bringing the Beaconsfield Gold Mine in Tasmania back into operation.
Rod is a past President of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy and a Councillor of the IMPC.
Areas of Practice: